Music Addict

Busy in her first gig and wondering what happened to all the frivolity.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Ok, well things have dragged on a bit through August. I interviewed with the Illinois Institute of Technology but it didn't work out. I had two interviews with National-Louis University and will hear back in a couple weeks whether or not I got it. I have two interviews this Tuesday, one with UIC and the other with Northwestern. Those could both be really cool so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but generally this has been quite an ongoing process. I'm trying to keep motivated, but I will enjoy the time when I'm doing something useful again, even if it is hard work or a long commute. At least that's what I think now. :) For now a full time job that pays you sounds pretty sweet compared to double-shifting in debt. Here's to employment in September.

Other than that, things are ok. One hard thing did happen earlier this week when my childhood Pastor/teacher/friend passed away suddenly. He has known both my sister and I from birth and has been there for all our major life events. It was quite the shock and he will be very much missed, especially as he was the foundation of our Church and its ministry for as long as I can remember. Besides that, he was only 58. I've had many relatives and friends pass away but mainly they were sick beforehand and in the hospital. It's never easy but when someone goes suddenly, it makes you think about what you last said to that person, or didn't say. Anyhow, it'll be fine, but it definitely brought on a lot of contemplation.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Eric said…

    hopefully things will pick up and you'll find something you'll enjoy as work.

    Sorry to hear about your Paster passing. That's too bad...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home