Music Addict

Busy in her first gig and wondering what happened to all the frivolity.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Wow. Ok, it's official. Mike got an interview, then another interview, than a job at Motorola in Deer Park, Illinois. Then, just this past weekend we went out with our realtor (Sue Carey!) to look at places to live, and have now all but signed on a little rental house in Deerfield. This is huge. I am happy, nervous, relieved, excited, and bewildered. But mostly happy. There's a fenced yard where Remy can do, well, whatever it is that Remy does, and a screened in porch plus a front bay window where I can do what I do - basically laze around and read. ;)

A lot of people are surprised or unsure that someone (me) would choose to leave a city like New York at the age of 23 to go back to the suburbs near where she grew up. That's comepletely understandable. I guess the only way I can really explain it is that this past year to year and a half has been so much work and craziness that I'm really just tired. Living in somewhere exciting sounds...kind of exhausting to me. Chicago will be there, and it's most likely that I'll take the train in and work downtown, so I'll get my frequent city fix. But mainly, I'm really excited about the quiet...being able to cook dinners, sitting on the porch...I feel like an old woman, but it's going to be sweet. Just a quiet, comfy, relaxing place to go back to. And definitely an improvement from the long distance thing this past year. That's obviously my favorite part. But the family, family friends, and the six close Michigan friends that just up and moved to the city this summer certainly don't hurt matters, either. So yes, I wanted to send out an update. If Val reads this, Val I must see you!!! I officially head out around July 1st and move in the 3rd. Here we go again...but this time, I'm gonna sleep.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:39 AM, Blogger Jeff said…

    Wow - a big set of steps. I wish you all the best! I'll let you know when I'm back in town so I can see the new place. =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home